Kevin Chin – Proprietor & Mentor
I believe that I have an advantage over a lot of golf instructors in that I began to learn this game as an adult (17 years old). I had already played and been competent at other sports. I can relate to how hard learning this game can be.
It wasn’t until my late 20’s, after years and years of time and energy invested into this game, that I met Dave Stevenson and Mark Evershed. That is when my world flipped and, I went from an 8 handicap to a scratch golfer and getting my PGA card. Things finally began to make sense and the game began to come to me. That journey has paid off in my teaching and it wasn’t a straight or easy road. I’m not afraid to say it didn’t come naturally.
- Stack and Tilt Network Instructor
- Guest blogger Golfforgeniuses.com
- Ran Junior Golf Programs for both the Westchester Golf Show 2014 and Westchester Kids Fair 2014
- Run Larchmont and Mamaroneck Center for Continuing Education since 2015
- Run Bronxville Adult School and Immaculate Heart of Mary Golf Programs 2004
- Bachelors Degree 2005- City College of New York- Cum Laude, Communications
- PGA Teaching Professional / Instructing @ Lake Isle since 2002
- PGA Class A Golf Professional
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Level 1 Professional
- Certified US Kids Golf Instructor
- Double-Goal Coach Certified from Positive Coaching Alliance
- Completed First Tee Assistant Coach Training
- CPR Certified (5/2013)
- Winner of the 2019 PGA Deacon Palmer Award
- 4x Westchester Magazine Best Golf Professional 2014, 15, 16 & 18
- 6x US Kids Golf Top 50 Golf Instructor 2012, 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17 Honorable Mention
- Best Kids Activities since 2008 by MovingToWestchester.com
- Winner Maine State Golf Association and Riverside Golf Association Scholarships 1997
Director of Junior Programming
- Justin is a Level 3 PGA who just completed his senior year at Coastal Carolina University.
- Has experience working and learning in both inside operations and outside operations from working at Coastal Carolina University’s golf course, The Hackler Course, during his tenure at the school from 2014-2018.
- Was Introduced to junior golf instruction during his internship at the prestigious Greenville Country Club in Greenville, South Carolina during the 2017 Summer, working under Class A PGA Head Professional Karl Stefka.
Senior Team Member
- Degree in Business from Fordham University 2007
- Masters Degree in Teaching at Manhattanville college in 2009. Degree in Business from Fordham University 2007
- Jimmy has been teaching Physical Education at the Tuckahoe Middle and High Schools since 2009.
- Tuckahoe High School Varsity Golf Coach, Varsity Soccer Coach, and Varsity Bowling Coach.
- Soccer coach for the patriots FC club since 2004
Senior Team Member
- Instructor at the Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course, teaching kids (7-18) the game of golf, from rules to swing.
- Worked as a salesman and cashier at Golf Galaxy in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- Assisted PGA Pro as a summer camp golf counselor teaching young kids how to play the game at the Oak Hills Park Golf Course in Norwalk, Connecticut.
Senior Team Member
- I have been playing golf since introduced to the sport at Kevin Chin Golf Camp in 2010.
- Currently enrolled at Marist College with a major in Accounting.
- Dean’s list, Spring 2019
- Played golf for Eastchester High School in 2017 and 2018.
- Has experience working with children for over 5 years through the Eastchester Town Summer Camp, and Kevin Chin Golf Camp.
Former Staff & Alumni (2002 – 2018)
Colin Fisher (PGA PGM – Assistant)
- From Baltimore, Maryland Coastal Carolina Professional Golf Management
- Presidents List with 4.0 GPA for 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018
- Member of Phi Eta Sigma, Sigma Alpha Phi, and Beta Gamma Sigma national honor societies
- Played four years of varsity golf at Dulaney High School
- Participant in Maryland State Golf Finals
- Successfully passed PAT with a score of 148 (74-74)
- Currently, the top 12 in the playing for Coastal Carolinas program
- Participation in PGM club team events
- Coached by PGA teaching professional, Jay Bowden for over 7 years in Baltimore
- First Tee Coordinator for Coastal Carolina University
- Assisted in running the Junior Golf Program under R.G. Hackett III, at Hillendale Country Club
Young Suh (PGA PGM – Assistant)
- From Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Currently enrolled at Coastal Carolina University majoring in accounting and Professional Golfer Association Management program
- Won Virginia Beach individual District title senior year of high school with a two-round combined score of 1-under (143) winning the title by seven strokes
- Played for Kellam High School varsity golf team in Virginia Beach since sophomore year
- Nominated for 2012 James G. Parke Memorial Award for Outstanding Metro Scholastic Golfer in 2012
- Successfully passed the Players Ability test in Fall of 2017
- Participation in PGM club tournaments
- Experience in outside golf operations from working at The Hackler Golf Course at Coastal Carolina University
- Assisted the First Tee Program at Coastal Carolina University
- Adult-Child-Infant CPR certified
- Automated External Defibrillator certified
- Made Dean’s List 2017 Fall and 2018 Fall at Coastal Carolina University
Mark Sarno (Assistant)
- Mark has been with us since he was 8 years old. His dedication to golf and hard work paid off by qualifying for New York State Sectionals in 2010
- Tuckahoe High School and Lake Isle interclub team captain 3 years and #1 Ranked player all 4 years
- Worked with Kevin Chin since 2004
- Director of the Kevin Chin junior golf program at Westchester Day School in 2014
- Fordham Law Student
Kevin Chen (Fitness Certified Personal Trainer, Staff Trainer, CPT, LMT)
Kevin is a Certified Personal Trainer through NFPT. He attended the University of Hartford and has a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Science. He is currently working with NFPT as a Subject Matter Expert, writing and itemizing questions for the NFPT Certified Personal Trainer Exam.
He has worked with clients of all ages and fitness levels. His main focus is to help others increase their neuromuscular function through methods including rehabilitative exercises to correct physical dysfunction, functional movement training in programs to increase mobility, flexibility, athletic performance, and daily function. He specializes in Olympic lifting, functional movement, athletic performance and injury prevention.
He is very invested in Olympic lifting and is very passionate about the sport. He is always training to improve his Olympic lifts as well as researching different techniques used by different Olympic coaches and athletes. Moving forward, he is looking to continue his education by pursuing a Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree.
Christopher Gay (Assistant)
- Freshman at Georgetown
- 10th place in New York state public high school
- 1st overall at Hurricane Junior Golf Tour KCG Classic @ Somers Point
- Junior PGA at Taconic 3rd place
- AJGA @ Nemacolin 3rd place
- Varsity golf team since 8th grade, Bronxville 2016
- 2013 All-Section award
- 2013 All-League award
- 2013 Siwanoy Men’s Club Championship Semi-Finalist
Kyle Gardner (Assistant)
Kyle has been golfing most of his life. He brings his dedication and love of golf, which has lead to his 2015 Junior Club Championship win at Quaker Ridge Country Club.
- Starter on Rye Varsity golf team since the 9th grade
- 2015 All-Section Honorable Mention
- 2015 All-League Honorable Mention
- 2015 Quaker Ridge Junior Club Champion
Josh Starr (Assistant)
Josh has been working with Kevin as a student since 2011 and began with the Metropolitan Golf Association Golfworks program in 2015. Josh has wonderful energy working with kids. He loves a good laugh and has become an integral part of the League Champion Gow School varsity golf team.
- Education: The Gow School
- 4 years of varsity high school golf
- Division A League Champion Gow School
- All Catholics Division A Champion
Morgan Goodman (Assistant)
Morgan started learning golf with Kevin Chin when she was 11 years old and began working with Kevin in 2012. Morgan is great with kids, as you can see from her experience she works at other summer camps on top of working with us. She is also a very active community and school member.
- Lake Isle Pro Junior participant 2011 & 2012
- Metropolitan Golf Association GolfWorks Intern 2012 through 2015
- Ursuline Varsity Golf Team 2011-2014
- Concordia Early Childhood Enrichment Camp 2011
- Concordia Sports Camp 2012-2013
- Student Council, National Honor Society, Social Action, Peer Leadership
Richard DiPasquale (Assistant)
Richie started learning golf from us when he was 8 years old. Richard has been one of our most energetic and enthusiastic members, and a pleasure to have on staff. He is still the only camper or counselor to ever lose a shoe in the frog pond. Maybe someday we will find it!
- Education: Manhattan College Class of 2015- Presidential Scholar, Honors Enrichment Program, Engineering Major, 3.6 GPA: Eastchester High School Class of 2011- National Honor Society
- Work Experience- Leewood CC Caddy 2009, Discover Camp Counselor 08′ & 09′, Metropolitan Golf Association Intern Junior Golf Instructor 2010, 2011 & 2012
- Golf Experience- Been with Kevin Chin Since 2004, 2011 & 2012 High School All-Conference, 2nd Place 2010 Westchester Interclub Championship, 2nd Place 2010 MGA Pro-Junior, 1 or 2 seed @ EHS and Lake Isle Interclub all 4 years, Captain of Eastchester High School Team as well as Lake Isle Interclub team
Jason Schmahl (Assistant)
Jason has been playing golf since he was 3 years old. He loves golf more then anyone I’ve met. Jason plans on a career in golf, and he’s got the passion necessary.
- Education: Silesian High School- Senior
- Caddy at Wykagyl
- Winner of 3 met Junior Golf events
- #1 Ranked Golfer at Silesian
Sam Moise-Silverman (Assistant)
As a product of the Kevin Chin Golf program, I can say that the program works. Kevin and I started working together when I was merely 8 years old. Over the years, Kevin and his staff have helped me become the golfer and person that I am today. The staff works extremely well with children, utilizing the fundamentals of the game while making it a fun immersive experience. Now teaching children is now truly a passion of mine.
I can now proudly say that I play golf at the collegiate level. As a first-year student attending Hobart College, I am a member of the men’s varsity golf team. We are division III and compete against some of the best competition in the Country. Along with my junior career, I have been working for Kevin for the last four years.
Coming here was one of the best decisions I have ever made for both my golf and my confidence!
- Qualified for state-wide short game competition through Kevin’s camps.
- 2005 Varsity Golf New Rochelle High School, 7th-9th grade
- Founding Captain of The Harvey School Varsity Golf Team 10th-12th grade
- All H.V.A.L
- Medalist for Harvey School 3 years in a row
- Lake Isle Interclub Member
- M.E.T. PGA Junior Golf Tour Member 2010-2014
- 4 top 5’s
- 6 top 10’s
- Member of Hobart College Varsity Golf Team
- Competed in three tournaments as a first-year student
- Liberty League Qualifier
- Myrtle Beach Shootout
- Hershey Cup
Avery Veitel (PGA PGM)
Avery has come highly recommended by some very impressive PGA Professionals at one of the PGA’s Professional Golf Management (PGM) Programs at Coastal Carolina University.
- Volunteer instructor with The First Tee of Phoenix assisted with coaching juniors ages 8 to 14
- Mentored under Alex Black at Superstition Springs Golf Club in Mesa, Arizona, running adult group instructional clinics
- Worked and studied under Jeremy Strauss at Raven Golf Club of Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona during the summer of 2016
- Avery played high school golf at Mesa High School in Mesa, Arizona, and was a four-year varsity player, two-year captain, and two-year all-city player, as well as qualified and played in two Arizona high school state golf championship tournaments.
- Has successfully passed the PGA Playing Ability Test
- Has played on several Coastal Carolina PGM Club travel teams
Ryan Scanion (PGA PGM – Assistant)
- Professional Golf Management Major at Coastal Carolina.
- Ryan has studied and worked under Tim Garvin at South Fork Country Club in Amagansett, NY, and Jim Weiss at Cold Spring Country Club in Huntington, NY
- Taught with fellow US Kids honorable mention Top 50 Teachers Jane Sirmons
- Ran the junior golf operation for Wildcat Sports Camp at Walt Whitman HS
- Conference Champion, participated in National Championships in Florida
- 1st Team all-conference, rookie of the year, and player of the year
- Passed PGA Playing Ability Test
- Medalist 2015 Met Open Qualifier
- Walt Whitman High School – 3-year varsity, 2-year captain, 2 years all-county and all-league
- 4 Years Met PGA Junior Tour
Matt Vallarino (PGA PGM – Assistant)
Matt is going into his 4th year at Coastal Carolina’s prestigious PGA accredited Professional Golf Management program.
Matt has passed his PGA Playing Ability Test. He Played golf at Herricks High School. At Plandome Country Club in Western Long Island Matt Worked under Joseph Dolezal PGA, where he helped run their junior golf program.
Matthew Bettino (Assistant)
Matt has been playing golf since he was 4 years old. He is a gifted golfer and happy to teach his knowledge of the game. Currently a member of Siwanoy Country Club.
- Education: Bronxville High School- Senior
- Golf Experience- Finished (7th 2014 & 24th in 2015) in High School New York State!!!!!
Paul Manfredi (Assistant)
Paul is a product of Kevin Chin Golf junior programs. Eastchester High School graduate and 2-year varsity golfer. Paul enjoys working with the kids and loves golf. Perfect traits to work here at Lake Isle
Joined our team in 2013. He is a rare case of someone who didn’t start with us as a child, but he has a vast golf experience and he has become a wonderful asset. Golf is Joe’s passion and career. Joe’s experience in a golf career college and his experience as a high school coach is a great resource for our students and campers.
- Associate’s degree from Professional Golfer’s Career College in Orlando, Florida
- Level 1 PGA Apprentice. Passed PGA Playing ability test
- Low Medalist Met Amateur Public Links NYS Amateur Championship
- Extensive, daily golf-training under PGA professional including swing analysis
- Salesian High School Golf Coach since 2011
Ryan Kuschman (Assistant)
Ryan is now 23 years old but started learning golf here when he was 12 years old and started working with us in 2010. He loves working with children and loves golfing.
- Metropolitan Golf Association – Golfworks intern 2010-2012
- Metropolitan Golf Association – Scholarship recipient 2012
- The Employee of the Year 2012 at Kevin Chin Golf
- Qualified for NY City Junior Championship 2011
- Varsity Golf – Edgmont High School 2009-2012
- Bentley Class of 2016
- Habitat for Humanity volunteer and employee 2009-present
PGA Class A Golf Professional currently at Sleepy Hollow
PGM Methodist College, PGA Professional!
United States Congressional Staffer, Passed PGA Playing Ability Test, participated in PGA Qualifier for Hartford Open
Former PGA Apprentice, Passed PGA Playing Ability Test
4 years as a top-ranked golfer at Eastchester High School
Been with me since the age of 2. Henry is now 14 years old. Don’t forget his name, watch out the tour! Qualified for Drive, Chip and Putt Championships.
Eastchester High Captain 2003. Leewood club champion 2016
All North East -10 Second team, a 2-year starter for Pace University Golf Team. Leewood club champion 2014, 15.
#1 Ranked Fencer in the United States under 14
Graduated with an engineering degree from Manhattan College
Co-Captain of Greenburgh High School 2011
Co-Captain of Greenburgh High School 2011