2023 Weekly Summer Camps
Booking remains open until shortly before class begins. If you sign up after 6pm on the Sunday before your session, or the session you are interested in is full, please contact us at 856-KCG- KIDO to confirm. If you have an issue booking your package, please click here to follow our troubleshooting tips. If the problem persists contact us.
Please note, payment reserves the spot. No refunds.
First week will be June 12, last week August 28. There is no camp on July 3rd or 4th.
We will also hold Tuesday evening sessions and Saturday afternoon sessions, (dates and times indicated below by age group).
Choose your age group below and then choose what you want to register for. For a more complete description please click on the camp you are interested in, and then scroll down to the “What you need to know” and “FAQ” section below.
** If you can’t make a full week and need less days CLICK HERE and follow the instructions.
What you need to know
- We meet at the Lake Isle golf shop, or in front of the shop at the right side of the driving range.
- For summer camps before 3pm we meet at the maintenance entrance/chipping green behind the New York sports club parking lot, 3pm and after the meet up is at the regular shop meeting place. *Note* if our lightning alarm is on we will be at the golf shop. (914)961-3453.
- For winter classes please use the covered stairs, rather than the hill. No cars in the upper lot.
- Lake Isle Dress code of no jeans and no tee shirts (except in winter).
- No open-toed shoes.
- Please label your name on your equipment & clothes
- We hold camp in light rain, dress appropriately. We won’t cancel a class once the class has begun. We have activities for indoors during bad weather. Please refer to FAQ for more of a description for rain procedures.
- If the weather does cancel a class I will put a notice on my website, KevinChinGolf.com, and my Twitter account, @kevinchingolf. You can also contact me via text (914)260-9459 or email. (you can also call, but I may not pick up my cell immediately if I’m on the golf course)All cancelled groups can make up the time at another group that is of the same or less time.
- Please note we don’t have a makeup policy. If you miss there is no credit given.
- Please let us know of any medical issues including allergies (bees, peanuts, etc) We have a snack bar that accepts cash and credit. Click here for the menu.
- We suggest bringing your own equipment, but we have equipment to borrow.
We accommodate any level. We have a chipping green, putting green, driving range and also use of the Lake Isle golf course (when available).
Our philosophy on working with kids is; Fun! Fun! Fun! Safety is by far most important, but it doesn’t sacrifice fun. Game Based Learning, camaraderie and confidence building. We aren’t heavy on intensive instruction. If you want that we suggest private or semi-private lessons.
Typical breakdown in what we do in a week is as follows (this is in no way a guarantee, it’s just a general idea) ;
• 30% on course (if available)
• 5% exercises (typical during weather delays)
• 25% range
• 30% short game (chipping + putting) (typical during weather delays)
• 10% golf trivia, rules and etiquette (typical during weather delays)
If we get bad weather we spend time putting, rules, etiquette, score keeping, watch a little golf, YouTube for golf, golf current events, golf trivia, etc.
We have agendas/plans for approximately 25% under the canopy for bad weather. For example if there has been no rain Monday through Thursday, chances are Friday of that week will be held no matter how bad the weather. It’s possible we cancel for bad weather. This is hard to predict because of forecasts. Cancelled camps can come to another group to make up the time.
If you miss we don’t have a make up policy.
We have a snack bar that accepts cash or card. We don’t provide transportation.
For troubleshooting payment issues, please click here.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.